Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Walking Advise



This little note is to let you know how my walking is going.

Yesterday (11/14/2017) I walked for 1 mile.  The first .25 of the mile I walked fast and I noticed my back was killing me.  I slowed down and was able to comfortably finish my walk.  Today I walked the mile at a slower pace.  My back hurt just slightly but quit hurting after got home and sat down for a few minutes.  This proves to me that taking it at my own pace is the best way.  If I had continued and tried to do a fast walk the full mile I have no doubt that I would have put off walking today.  I would probably have decided to give it a rest and who knows when, nor when I would have started back.

So, my advise for walking is to take it slow and build your speed as you feel comfortable.  You didn't gain all your weight overnight so don't try to walk it off in one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment