Sunday, November 19, 2017

Meal Replacement Shakes



My weight doctor suggested that since I normally only eat two meals a day that I make up that 3rd one by drinking a Meal Replacement Shake.  I've never really liked this type of drink but to keep my calories, protein and carbs in check I decided to give it a try.

I went to Walmart and found their Equate brand, which is listed as a Meal Replacement Shake.  The price was great compared to many others.  They were just over $5.00 for 6 11 oz. bottles.  They came in chocolate, strawberry and French vanilla.  I'm not a chocolate lover and was afraid the strawberry would taste artificial and even if it did taste good I would probably get tired of the same flavor every day.  So, I bought the French vanilla.

I bought 2 packs and when I got home I put one in the refrigerator and was putting the other on a shelf in the kitchen.  That is when I spotted my flavorings.  I have coconut, black walnut, maple, and even bourbon, just to name a few.  Then it hit me.  What if I added just a little flavoring to my shake.  Well, I'll tell you what happened!  I've had a different flavor every day.  I even added a little orange flavoring one day and it taste like the Dream Cycles I used to eat as a kid.  I tried the maple and it's delicious.  I used the Bourbon flavoring and boy was it good, as was the coconut.  AND since it's the holidays I'm going to try a pinch of nutmeg so I can have my eggnog without feeling guilty.

Try it, you'll like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment