Tuesday, November 14, 2017

That Bad Word - Exercise!



I went to the Weight Center yesterday to meet with the physical fitness person.  We all know what that meeting was about.  She wanted to get me on an exercise routine.  UGH!  I'm already walking everyday so why do I need to add more stress to my body.  Well, when losing weight we all know that dieting and exercise go hand in hand.

But.... this is what I decided to do.  This is a long-term program for me so I've decided to take it slowly.  Doctors have our best interest in mind but what they may not think about is that if a program is too much it won't last long.  They put us on a diet, which in itself is hard but when you add the exercise to it, we kind of give up and say to 'H' with it.  I've decided that the best way to stick with the combination is to take it slowly.  One step at a time, not everything all at once.  Here is what I've come up with and I really believe it will work for me and hopefully for anyone else that gives it a try.

Yesterday while meeting with the fitness instructor she showed me how to use the 'bands' which are so popular right now.  They do make exercising a bit easier, especially if you have back problems.  We did one set of 6 poses.  Wasn't that hard and I have no doubts that I can follow them and even increase as needed.  At least that is the way I thought until I woke up this morning.  I'm sore!  And pain will make us give up quicker than being hungry.

We all know our own bodies and how much they can handle.  What I plan to do is take ONE of the exercises doing 1 set a day building up to 2.  After my body has adjusted to this one I'll add another, working it the same way.  This is taking it easy and allowing me to build my muscles at my own pace, with less pain, allowing me to not give up.  I'll keep you up on how this is working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment