Monday, November 20, 2017

Eating Out at Captain D's

Sometimes you find yourself out and about and hungry.  I went out shopping with a friend, leaving around 11:00 a.m.  We found ourselves getting ready to go home around 1:00 and since we had missed lunch we were hungry.  Very hungry!

She was driving so I decided to go wherever she wanted to eat and look over the menu coming up with the best meal I could without going over my cals, carbs and protein.  We went to one of my favorite places - Captain D's.  I love their fish!  I know - it has breading.  I ended up ordering 2 pieces of fish and slaw.  I had them eliminate the fries, which didn't bother me because I'm not that big of a fry fan.  But they did put 2 hushpuppies on my plate.  So tempting!  And I drank my usual - water.

I ate both pieces of fish after soaking them with the beloved Malt Vinegar, half my slaw, and yes -one hushpuppy.

When I got home I went straight to MyFitnessPal to see how bad I had done.  I couldn't believe it.  These were my results for what I ate.

2 pieces of fish - 360 cal., 4 carbs, 50 protein
slaw - 90 cal., 8 carbs, 1 protein
1 hushpuppy - 80 cal., 9 carbs, 1 protein

For a total of 530 calories, 21 carbs, and 52 protein

Not too bad for eating out.  I did go over my carbs of about 20 per meal, as well as my 30 per meal of the protein.  I'll just have to adjust this with my dinner.  I think I'll eliminate my protein drink.

So, this just goes to show that you can eat out, you just have to be very careful with what you eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment