Friday, December 8, 2017

Skimping on Vegetables



Time and time again, people tell me they don't feel good eating a diet lower in carbohydrates, and it turns out they are eating almost no vegetables or fruit. This will not work in the long run. My low-carb pyramid has vegetables at the base; in other words, you should be eating more of them than any other food! Fruit, too, especially fruit low in sugar, has an important role in a complete low-carb diet.  And these extremely healthy foods contain the micronutrients your body needs to function well and stay healthy—so they won't just help your waistline. They'll go a long way toward preventing chronic disease. As a rule, half your plate or more should be filled with vegetables.  Incorporate more veggies into your day. 


Comment:  I found this article and have determined that I fit into the group of people who eats too little fruit and veggies.  I seem to stress on keeping the carbs low and see all veggies and fruit as nothing but carbs.  I’m now trying to add more to my diet.  I love those little ‘Cuties’ that are out this time of year.  I love bananas.  I love Kiwi.  I also love cabbage, raw carrots and spinach.  So, as I work up my dishes, I’m trying to add as many of the veggies I love as possible.  I’m still running low on my calorie intake, a lot of the time under 1,000 in a day.  I’m still running either high on protein and low on carbs or high on carbs and low on protein.  And yes, I’m still trying to understand and balance it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment