Sunday, December 10, 2017

Fat in Your Diet



Shying away from fat is as detrimental as overconsuming it, as healthy fats are a crucial component of a healthy diet. Despite the fact that the "low-fat" fad has been widely discredited and healthy fats have been shown to improve everything from high cholesterol to brain health, hardly a day goes by that you don't see or hear a negative message about fats in the diet.

This, and a desire to drop weight fast, may cause you to attempt a low-fat version of a low-carb diet.


At the beginning, you might see results if you are using up a lot of your own fat (as opposed to eating it). However, fat loss inevitably slows down, and you may then become more hungry if you don't add some fat to your diet. Nothing will sabotage a diet faster than hunger. So don't let this happen to you. Have half an avocado with your eggs and dress your salads with olive oil-based dressings.

Comment:  I must say that fat is one thing that I've not been watching.  I don't know if this is hurting my losing weight or if it may be helping me.  I do eat mayo and I also use olive oil based dressings on my salads.  I'm sure I'm taking in a FEW fats, possibly more than I should due to me trying to keep my protein count in line.  This is one that I'll be talking to my doctor about and see if I'm doing good or bad.   I hope she can advise me without adding another intake to watch.   Boy!  Putting the weight on is easy.  Taking it off sometimes feels impossible.  But I'm going to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment