Wednesday, December 13, 2017

My Dr. Visit and 5 week Results



Went to my weight center Doctor this week.  I've lost 5 lbs. and 3/4" off the waist.  Not bad but not as good as I thought it would be considering my low calorie intake. 

I ask my doctor why I've lost so little in 5 weeks and she said my body has gone into starvation mode.  It's a stage the body goes into when it thinks it won't be fed as often as it's use to.  When this happens it stops eating fat and therefore the weight loss is low. 

Now, what do I do about this?  As it was for the last 5 weeks I tried to keep my carbs at 60-70, my protein at 80-90 and my calories at 1,200.  It seemed that if I got the carbs where they should be I would go way under my calories.  If I kept my protein where they should be I would again go way under my calories.  If I balanced both I would, still again go way under my calories.  And to top it off, I'm riding my bike 6 miles a day which is burning even more of my under 1,000 calories per day.   Just couldn't get it right.  She suggested that I cut my carbs down even more and stress on getting the protein within my 80-90 count.  That she assured me will get my calories where they need to be and bring my body out of the starvation mode.

So, I'll be working on even more recipes that are low in carbs and high in protein. 

No comments:

Post a Comment