Saturday, December 2, 2017

More on Walking



I'm sure I'm like most of us out there who commit to something and after a while give it up.  Usually because of boredom on my part.  Well, walking isn't any exception.  How boring can it be to walk and walk and walk, seeing the same things every day.  You can't take a book with you because you're moving too much.  You could take a CD book but what if you run into that big dog that requires you to carry a taser so he doesn't come after you again.  Well, walking was becoming harder and harder for me every day.  Then I found the solution!

I'm not the proud owner of a Marcy Stationary Bike!  It was kind of a birthday gift to me by an unknown person.  I put it in my bedroom and EVERY night for a week now I've spent time on my bike.  It has a nice, comfortable seat (not the bicycle type that hurts your fanny).  It tells me how many miles I've gone, how many calories I've burned, and how long I've been peddling.  And the best part is that my arms are free to READ A BOOK!  So far, I've gone from 4 miles to 6 miles in one sitting.  And I'm not bored!

You may think that I'm only getting the benefit in my legs.  Not!  You are actually moving your hips and belly some and believe me you do work up a sweat.  So I think I'm getting a lot more benefits from my bike than I would if I had continued to walk.  Plus, it it rains, is cold or hot outside, I'm still able to ride.

I do a lot of reading and this has been the best thing I could have gotten in my quest to lose weight and get in better shape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment